Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Wednesday Medley for November 20th.
1. Avast, ye mateys! On this date in 1820, a whale rammed and sank the Essex. This served as inspiration for Herman Melville's Moby-Dick which was a commercial failure. Not until years after Melville's passing was the book regarded as a masterpiece.
Do you know of something that was considered a failure only to have that very same idea eventually become a success?
2. Today we celebrate National Absurdity Day. We are encouraged to do crazy and zany things. Please share a crazy and zany thing you've done — as long as the statute of limitations has expired!
3. Today is National Peanut Butter Fudge Day. Tomorrow is National Gingerbread Cookie Day. Would you rather be celebrating with peanut butter fudge or a gingerbread man?
4. This is National Farm — City Week. During this week, the importance of agriculture in everyday life and learning about healthy food choices is stressed. Do you avoid fast food and convenience foods? Try to maintain a balance?
5. And we shoot the Nerf gun at the laptop screen to select our birthday celebrant.... Happy Birthday, Chiyono Hasegawa! (1896–2011). She achieved one hundred and fifteen years of age!
When meeting someone of an advanced age, are you in awe of all the wondrous (and terrifying) things that person witnessed?
6. Please share with us something interesting about your week.
Would you like to play along on Wednesday Medley? Don't be shy. It is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Copy and paste the questions to your blog.
2. Answer the questions there; please include a link back to Wednesday Medley.
3. Leave a link to your blog on the Mister Linky widget above so we’ll all know where to visit to read your responses. Voilà!