Please copy and paste the questions to your blog. Answer the questions there; please include a link back to Wednesday Medley. Then come back here to leave a link to your blog (below) so we’ll all know where to visit to read your responses.
1. It's National Fig Week! We sing about figgy pudding in the carol We Wish You A Merry Christmas.
♫ ♪ Now bring us some figgy pudding
Now bring us some figgy pudding ♫
♪ Now bring us some figgy pudding
♫ And bring it right now ♫ ♪
Ever eaten figgy pudding? Or its close relative, plum pudding? How about cooking or baking with figs? Or plums?
2. It is also Intimate Apparel Week.
Lace push-up balconette underwire bra and matching thong? Or the comfort of practical and machine washable 97% cotton with 3% Lycra?
Alternate question for male lurkers: Boxers or briefs?
3. And it is National Animal Shelter Awareness Week. Have you adopted an AniPal®?
4. National Nachos Day. Credited to Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya who combined corn tortilla chips with melted cheese and sliced jalapeño peppers.
Any recipes you've invented? Or tried-and-true dishes that you can make by heart?
5. Happy Birthday, Opal Kunz! (1894 – 1967.) Opal was an aviatrix at a time when women were discouraged from flying. In 1929, Opal raced in a transcontinental "powder puff derby" in a borrowed airplane. Her beloved 300-horsepower Beech Travel Air was ineligible as it was too fast and powerful; therefore, "inappropriate for a woman."
It seems we have all had such moments in our lives when we are held back because we are women. What's one of yours?
6. Please share with us something interesting about your week.
Please leave your link below. Thank you!