Wednesday Medley for December 11th.
Do you own a Coach bag? Which model? Second-hand rose or dreaded knockoff?
Bonus question. At the time of this writing, Coach bags are 30% to 50% off. Do you pay retail or wait for things to go on sale?
Super bonus question. Coach is offering free shipping. Does free shipping influence your shopping decisions?
Mega bonus question. Will the Hannukah Fairy or Santa Claus or the Kwanzaa Fairy bring you what you want? Do you shop or order it yourself? Or you are not the fussy type / happy with what you have?
2. Happy 85th Birthday, Maila Nurmi! Vampira, Maila's alter ego, was television's first midnight horror movie compère.
Just think. If Maila had married Enrico Fermi, nuclear physicist, she'd be Mrs Nurmi Fermi. Know anyone with an unusual name?
3. As you can probably tell, it is kind of a slow news day around here. Not much going on. So. Today is National Noodle Ring Day.
What is a noodle ring? It is a dish prepared with cooked pasta and baked in a bundt pan. Sounds yummy. Like made-from-scratch baked macaroni and cheese. Or circular lasagna. If you were really desperate, I suppose you could set the oven to 350° and schlorp a couple of cans of SpaghettiOs into a tin Jell-O mould.
Have you ever whipped up one of those kwik 'n' e-z-type recipes from a soup can label or Women's Day magazine?
4. On this date in 1968, The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus was filmed.
Notorious for their elephantine progress, Circus, originally intended as a BBC special, premiered 1996 October 12 at Walter Reade Theater as part of the New York Film Festival.
Have you attended a film festival?
Ultra bonus question. Never Stop was the working title of Start Me Up for years until it was released on Tattoo You.
When undertaking a project, are you gung ho and git 'er done? Content to accomplish a little at a time? Or put it on the back burner and conveniently forget about it?
5. On this date in 1936, The Scandal Of The Century. King Edward VIII of the United Kingdom and the Dominions of the British Empire and Emperor of India, caused a royal scandal by abdicating the throne "to marry the woman I love", his mistress, American divorcée Wallis Simpson.
Can you think of something scandalous?
6. Please share something interesting about your week.
Would you like to play along? Don't be shy. It is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Copy and paste the questions to your blog.
2. Answer the questions there; please include a link back to Wednesday Medley.
3. Comment to leave a URL to your blog so we’ll all know where to visit to read your responses. Voilà!